Saturday, December 29, 2007

How I Got Here

...the Abbreviated Remix.
Over the summer, I finally worked up the courage to tell my boyfriend of two years that I was curious about the possibility of a polyamorous relationship meaning, really, "I want to be able to snuggle and kiss freely with my existing close friends." I also made it clear that these friends were not just of the opposite sex (I think I have a harder time thinking of myself as bisexual than he does), and that he was free to have the same privileges. He was game, and very game, and two OKCupid accounts later, the definition I started with is no longer quite the definition I'm working under. Casual (ish) sex, my unexplored submissive tendencies, and a fascination with kink have all become relevant issues...and I'm not so sure how I feel about most of them, in practice at least. This is all happening rather fast for the girl who'd had penis-in-vagina sex with one boy, and that in her current long-term relationship.
So there are questions. There are concerns.
But, Damn! This is a helluva lot of fun.

No comments: